Tuesday, March 3, 2015

High Society





Did you know there is an International Society of Caricature Artists?


According to the Introduction on their web site:

The International Society of Caricaturist Artists is an international non-profit trade association. Its purpose is to promote the art of caricature, educate the public and the media about the art of caricature and to provide its members with helpful information about caricature as an as art form as well as a profession. 

ISCA currently has over 650 members from around the world, and is growing every month. Members receive our quarterly magazine, Exaggerated Features, which has articles about caricaturing, featured artists tips and stories as well as other useful information about caricature illustration. ISCA annual convention is held each year in a different location. The convention features a guest speaker, lectures, seminars, competitions, awards and the camaraderie of your peers in the art of caricature drawing.

Welcome to the March edition of Not Your Usual Caricature Artist.

Sounds pretty cool and that's why I've applied for membership.

Fine artists -- amateur and otherwise -- are often inspired when they visit an art museum or gallery, to rush back to their studio and either pull out a new canvas or return to an already-started one. 

I'm amazed by the works of the Masters, too. But my inspiration comes every time I see a reference to Mad Magazine's own gallery of contemporary luminaries...or similar work occasionally found accompanying a magazine article or gracing a book cover by one of the current greats in this often under-appreciated corner of the art world.

In the meantime, here's some representative stuff of mine I hope is deemed worthy of membership in the ISCA.

 Pete Rose (right)












Hope you'll associate with me again the first Tuesday of next month for more musings from Not Your Usual Caricature Artist.

1 comment:

  1. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here. Live Digital Caricature Artist USA

    ReplyDelete